Urgent! Pls help!! Online AR-11 Change of Address...

vnellai

I need to do online change of address immediately for my I485 becoming current next month. I tried the same today but its forcing me to enter all the fields (including the optional or non-required ones like middle name as I don't have any middle name!). The problem is it is forcing me to select a State from the pull-down menu compulsorily - how stupid! How to get away with this & fill up & submit successfully?

Originally posted by vnellai:

I need to do online change of address immediately for my I485 becoming current next month. I tried the same today but its forcing me to enter all the fields (including the optional or non-required ones like middle name as I don't have any middle name!). The problem is it is forcing me to select a State from the pull-down menu compulsorily - how stupid! How to get away with this & fill up & submit successfully?

If you are not already aware, AR-11 does not automatically record change of address for any pending applications with the USCIS, that has to be done separately.

Hi Belle:

The confusion is the online AR-11 form mandates filling up the optional fields (not marked red *) also.

Like for e.g. the A# field is not tagged red * but it doesn't allow to press the signature (submit) button unless that optional field is entered something. But if I just enter a dummy 'blank' char, then it allows to submit !

USCIS can't even ensure the basic screen interface ethics? Amazing!

vnellai

You are doing something wrong. I just did it..and it worked. ( I didn't give any middle name.)

Alien number ( though not marked mandatory ) - have to be filled up. It is the key field to locate your records.

Also you would need to fill up - the visa expiry date - in the last section...

SRRV

When you call customer service try to get to the second level by asking them to talk to an IO and make sure they update it on your 485 application also(while you are on the phone). After this you will get a letter stating that your new address is reflected on your 485 application.

Call multiple times if the first level of support does not let you through to talk to an IO. Updating it online is not a sure shot way of assuming that your new address shows up on your 485 application.

If you don't have answer to a question, you can always put N/A. In fact, lawyers often prefer to put N/A into every field you don't have info for.

Again, I don't understand why state is an issue. If you are moving within the US (that's what the form is for), you should have a state.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived