Multiple H1B Petitions

Attorney_22

This week, the Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions relating to those with multiple H1B petitions.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.

2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.

3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.

4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual. 

A Physician currently in 8th year of H1b. Have never been counted in Cap H1b ever before. Currently on H1b with Company B - Full time hospital employer not for profit company... I have an approved I-140 from prior company A already. Currently on the 3 year extension based upon the I-140 approved before from Company A. Company B has applied for PERM.

I have concurrent part time H1b with Company C - cap subject employer. IF I want to Switch Full time to Company C soon before Oct 1st , then what strategies do we have possible ? Is it possible to start before Oct. 1st Full time with Company C ?

PD is from Feb. 2013, so its not current and never been able to apply for I-485 as yet.

Hi,

Can we apply Multiple H1B petitions from different companies? what will happen when both get picked in lotter?

Thanks.

The law states that an employer or “related entities (such as a parent company, subsidiary, or affiliate)” “may not file, in the same fiscal year, more than one H1B petition on behalf of the same [cap-subject beneficiary]...” unless there is “a legitimate business need” for a “materially distinct employment position.”

A Physician currently in 8th year of H1b. Have never been counted in Cap H1b ever before. Currently on H1b with Company B - Full time hospital employer not for profit company... I have an approved I-140 from prior company A already. Currently on the 3 year extension based upon the I-140 approved before from Company A. Company B has applied for PERM.

I have concurrent part time H1b with Company C - cap subject employer. IF I want to Switch Full time to Company C soon before Oct 1st , then what strategies do we have possible ? Is it possible to start before Oct. 1st Full time with Company C ?

PD is from Feb. 2013, so its not current and never been able to apply for I-485 as yet.

There are many ways one can approach this, but an optimal personalized legal strategy would require evaluation of factors not mentioned in this post. It is advisable to seek the counsel of a qualified immigration attorney experienced in physician matters.

Generally, provided you are working pursuant the terms of your H1B petition with your primary employer (I assume full-time), and are applying for an H1B visa based on this primary sponsor, your part-time concurrent employment petitions should not be an issue. However prior to proceeding it is best to speak directly with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss other considerations based on the specific facts of your circumstance.  

• 1 month later...

Archived