Potential Immigrant on F1 can apply for B1B2

xaighamsyed

Dear, 

I hope everyone doing great. God bless you all for sharing the knowledge... 

I applied for F1 visa in April of 2008 from Chennai India. Its now more than 7 years I didn't visited USA Embassy. They rejected my student application and given me the yellow slip with Potential Immigrant Option Selected on it. My passport got expired and I changed the new passport. 

Currently I am working in Saudi Arabia from Last 6 years. My friends and me are planning to go to USA for Christmas and New Year Celebration. I want to apply for B1/B2 Visa but I am afraid if they reject my application due to my old record. 

1) Is still my record is available to them after 7 years even thought I Change the Passport?? 

2) While Filling up the DS 160 Form, do I select the Option that I previously got rejected USA Visa ? 

3) Any suggestion, Please...

Regards, 

Xaigham

They have all applications in their files. And changing your passport won't help.

Further, a lie on the application could result in a lifelong ban. Never even think about something like that.

You need to address the issue that resulted in the denial. You need to show strong ties to your home country.

• 1 month later...

Dear,

I hope everyone doing great. God bless you all for sharing the knowledge...

I applied for F1 visa in April of 2008 from Chennai India. Its now more than 7 years I didn't visited USA Embassy. They rejected my student application and given me the yellow slip with Potential Immigrant Option Selected on it. My passport got expired and I changed the new passport.

Currently I am working in Saudi Arabia from Last 6 years. My friends and me are planning to go to USA for Christmas and New Year Celebration. I want to apply for B1/B2 Visa but I am afraid if they reject my application due to my old record.

1) Is still my record is available to them after 7 years even thought I Change the Passport??

2) While Filling up the DS 160 Form, do I select the Option that I previously got rejected USA Visa ?

3) Any suggestion, Please...

Regards,

Xaigham

There is a reason why the consulate takes your fingerprint and photograph at every visa interview - so changing passports or even nationality does not hide anything.

Archived