Urgent Help needed:: Status problem

sudeepto77

Hello,

I have the problem for saving my status. I was in F-1 visa when I came to US in 2010. Then after my Master's I got hired by an company. Everything was going well, I was in H-1b visa getting paid, I have pay stubs etc.

Now the company is terminating my employment because they do not have any projects. I needed to change my status fast so took the help of lawyer to change status back to F-1 in community college.

But USCIS has denied my request says you came here in F-1 visa, non-immigrant visa so after completion of studies need to go back to your country.

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO CHANGE STATUS TO STAY FOR LONGER PERIODS?

I AM NOT MARRIED SO DEPENDENT VISA DOES NOT ARISES.

OPTIONS?

WHAT OTHER VISA OPTIONS DO I HAVE?

Instead of applying for a F1 COS you should have applied for a COS to B2 which would have given you an opportunity to stay back in US and look for a job. Once you get a job that employer can file a cap exempt HB petition and on approval with an I94 you can work for that employer. If you are still on H1B status (i.e valid petition, I94 and getting paid) you can apply for a COS to B2.

Changing back to F1 is pretty much always a bad idea.

And enrolling in a community college when you have a Masters degree already looks rather bad.

Changing to B2 status would have been better.

In any case, it is too late now. You will have to go back to your home country. You can try to find a new H1 employer while back home.

Archived