Travelling outside US with 4 months on Visa and Petition

skH1BQuery

Hi,

I am travelling to India and below is what I need to know.

I was working for company X and switched to Y few months back. My current visa is stamped for company X and is expiring in July 2016 and the company Y took care of my petition which is valid till July 2016 too.

I am travelling to India in January and coming back in early March. Would I need or to put it this way - do I stand eligible to get my visa stamping done for Company Y even though my visa end date is in July 2016?

When should I reach out to my HR/ Attorney for petition extension?

Do not face-palm me if these are stupid questions - I am just concerned for my trip.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I checked online and even though my new Petition is good till October 2017, the online I-94 says July, 2016. July 2016 is the date from my previous Petition and it seems like the date is not updated online. After joining the new company, I have traveled outside US but the I-94 doesn't reflect the correct date. Per my knowledge, the Admission Until Date on I-94 should match the date present on I-797. Correct me if I am wrong else let me know if that sounds reasonable to contact USCIS for clarity.

Thanks.

Hi,

I checked online and even though my new Petition is good till October 2017, the online I-94 says July, 2016. July 2016 is the date from my previous Petition and it seems like the date is not updated online. After joining the new company, I have traveled outside US but the I-94 doesn't reflect the correct date. Per my knowledge, the Admission Until Date on I-94 should match the date present on I-797. Correct me if I am wrong else let me know if that sounds reasonable to contact USCIS for clarity.

Thanks.

Yes, looks like you have an issue. Does your passport expire by July 2016? If not go to nearest CBP office and explain them the situation and get your I94 updated.

Archived