H1B Post 6th yr Exten RFE and alternative options

dkm1368

Hi, Can someone please help me with following questions. I am at the end of my 6th year H1 and I got an RFE with my current employer 'A'.

1. I got anther job offer with comp 'B'. does another H1 transfer petition in same VSC cause any issue with my extension petition?

2. If rfe with employer A gets denied, Can I still stay in Country with pending H1 transfer petition with employer 'B'.

Thanks.

On what basis you are applying for an extension on H1B beyond 6 years?

1. If RFE is due to your credentials then there will be an issue. What is RFE about?

2. If your I94 is no longer valid then new employer's H1B petition will be approved without I94.

Hi Jairichi,
We are applying h1 extension beyond 6 years with approved I-140.
RFE - is asing about proof of proper status maintenance between previous approved  petition till now. Looks like this has to do with missing amendments. 
My I94 is still valid & planning to file new employer petition before i94 expires.
However now, employer "A' after discussing with lawyers is proposing to withdraw the petition with RFE and send a new petition by making corrections in i129 which they they think could have raised rfe earier.

So, withdraw of ptetion & a new extention petetion from employer (A) and transfer+extention petetion from employer (B) prior I94 Epiry. Do you see any possible issues with this approach?

Thanks for your time in responding to my querries.

Hi Jairichi,
We are applying h1 extension beyond 6 years with approved I-140.
RFE - is asing about proof of proper status maintenance between previous approved  petition till now. Looks like this has to do with missing amendments. 
My I94 is still valid & planning to file new employer petition before i94 expires.
However now, employer "A' after discussing with lawyers is proposing to withdraw the petition with RFE and send a new petition by making corrections in i129 which they they think could have raised rfe earier.

So, withdraw of ptetion & a new extention petetion from employer (A) and transfer+extention petetion from employer (B) prior I94 Epiry. Do you see any possible issues with this approach?

Thanks for your time in responding to my querries.

No issue. Plans sounds good.

Archived