Perm audit processing time

rao82

Hi All,

My perm has been filed in Feb-2014 and it got audited in Aug-2014 and replied in Sep'2014. My Employer is saying that, it is still in process but didn't have any update on why it is getting delay. My H1B is only Valid till JUNE 2016.

1. May I know what is the maximum time period for processing Audit review?
2. Is there any way I can check my perm status and why it is getting delay, if the Employer or attorney didn't give any status on delay.
3. Is it possible to apply for H1 extension 8months before my h1 expiry date?
4. Do I have any other options incase of my perm get denied and if I don't have any option to extend my H1.

Thanks

There is no maximum time frame within which the PERM is completed by DOL. The iCert page lists processing times and has an email address to contact DOL, which you can try to use to ask the status of the case. However, there is no way for the sponsored worker to access the PERM account.

You can only extend your H1B with an employer 6 months in advance of the expiration date. If one's PERM case is denied and a person needs a basis to extend H1B status, then an appeal of the decision should be filed and based on the appeal to DOL, an extension of H1B status can be filed and approved.

Archived