Applying I-485 for my wife

kris405

I have applied for my I-140 and I-485 in June 2007 when the dates became current then latter the dates were backtracked, at that point of time I was not married and later I got married in 2008 and in the October 2011 Bulletin the processing date is moved to July 2007. I have several questions regarding my situation please reply

1. I-485 application for my wife needs to be sent to Immigration before I get my Green Card, if it does not reach before my green card is it going to be a problem for my wife to add to my Green Card Process

2. Since I was not married when I have applied for my I-140 and I-485 and I am trying to add her at this stage, will the Immigration Department call us for any of the Interview in order to validate the marriage that we had? Do I need to send the Marriage certificate or any proofs while I apply for her I-485 application?

3. If the Immigration calls for an Interview will they stop processing even my green card application until they verify all my wife's credentials and validate our marriage?

4. Since I have already applied for my I-140 and I-485 will I get the Green Card independent of whether my wife gets it or not? Since I am applying for my wife's I-485 now will she get the green card along with me or will it take time to process her I-485 application?

Archived