OPT Postpone

sagar526

Hi Sir,

I am from India. I did my first Master's in India. Now I am doing second Master's in Chicago. At the time of joining i got 3 subjects waived. so based on that i planed my Master's to complete in Fall 2015. For FALL I have only two subjects so I submitted Course Reduce From. And I applied for OPT now my college adviser told me like i need to do 3 subjects which i got waived. They are telling like Cancel your OPT and complete your Master's in Spring 2016.

And they said like go for CPT. so what i want to do now? is it give any problem when I apply for H1?.

While I am joining in the college my adviser told me that I got three subjects waived( Because i did my first master's in India) so I need to complete 24 credits for my graduation. based on this I did 3 subjects in spring, three subjects in summer and two subjects in Fall so total 24 credits completed. So I  applied for OPT on 2nd of this month. After that my adviser said according to their rules I am not eligible for three subjects waive. So my graduation is postponed to Spring 2016 and my OPT canceled. Now my adviser said I am eligible for CPT. So i am thinking to apply for CPT.

But i thinking about H1. i have canceled OPT and i am going to take CPT. is it a problem for H1? 

( For Master's degree we need to complete 33 credits. 1 subject= 3 credits)

But i thinking about H1. i have canceled OPT and i am going to take CPT. is it a problem for H1? 

Yes, it will be.

CPT is NEVER for work in some arbitrary job.

CPT is ONLY for work as an integral part of the curriculum, e.g., for an internship required by a class.

Abuse of CPT, what you seem to want to do, would result in killing your future in the US.

While I am joining in the college my adviser told me that I got three subjects waived( Because i did my first master's in India) so I need to complete 24 credits for my graduation. After that my adviser said according to their rules I am not eligible for three subjects waive.  Now my adviser said I am eligible for CPT. So i am thinking to apply for CPT.

What is the name of your school??

Archived