Using an already existing H4 visa


Recommended Posts

My wife is currently in H1 visa and working in US. But, she also has a H4 stamping valid till 2017 in her passport (she was in H4 earlier). Now, I've an approved I-140 and trying to apply H4 EAD for her. So, to convert her H1 to H4, will the below option work?
1) Go out of country say to Canada or India and then come back to US using the valid H4 stamping in passport and then apply for EAD? (if it's possible) 

Since we converted from H4 to H1, would the H4 stamping on her passport be considered valid if we try to use it to enter US again?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.