H1b Drop box Interview Waiver Program

rahulroy23

I recently changed my job and so my employer is also changed. My previous Visa (previous employer) is from Jul 2012 to Apr 2015. My new visa (new employer) is from Jan 2015 to Dec 2017. I am planning to go to India in Jan 2016. As I filled my DS 160 form, the website says that I am eligible for Dropbox Interview Waiver program. My assumption is that as I changed my employer, I should not be eligible for Drop box Interview Waiver program. Below are the questions I answered on the Ds160 form.

Please can you suggest if I am eligible for the Drop box Interview waiver program ? Also is there an option on the website to book an Interview slot without going for the Dropbox option ? Thanks for your help.

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?

YES

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?

NO

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?

NO

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?

YES

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?

YES

Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Archived