Security check

schizo0811

I got arrested for a DWI (lowered charge to DWAI, which is a traffic infraction) in 2004, had 2 H1B stampings, with expected delays, in 2006 (3 months) & 2010 (3 weeks).

Earlier this month I interfiled my existing I485 from 2007 with a new I-140 (EB2-India with a priority date of May 2006).

When my congressman's office inquired they were told my case is pending security clearance measures (F&*%^%*&). I already had my final interview & biometrics back in 2007.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? HOw long were the delays or NOT?

Your security check is probably unrelated to such a simple matter as DWI. Generally, the namecheck is pending with the FBI, and since the FBI is not returning anything, most likely they are waiting for a response from some other agencies (CIA, NSA, your country's State Dep, you name it). Try filing a case problem report with Ombudsman, or talk to the Senator office and try pushing to adjudicate with namecheck pending. There was a rule some time ago that I-485 may be adjudicated if namecheck has been pending over 180 days - they can always take away your green card if you turn out to be a criminal or terrist.

Archived