PERM Approval and I140 Process

saswaj

Hi

I am working for company called A on H1-B status (Valid Till 10/2017) and my Green Card - PERM\Labor applied through company B and it is currently approved.

In order to proceed with I-140, Is it mandate to have my H1-B transferred to Company B and have couple of paychecks and then apply for I-140?

What will be correct plan of action based on the above status?

Appreciate your needful inputs. Thanking you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks rahul for the reply.

I came here in July, 2011 on L1-B, and converted to H1-B under employer A. Please advise on below asks.

1. I should be eligible to stay in US for 6 years or 7 years? If 6 years, July 2017 will be my last month of stay in USA if I dont proceed with I-140 process on my labor approval?

2. If I am proceeding with approved I-140 with Company B, how many years will be added to my stay of duration in USA?

3. If I have approved I-140 with company B, and I got a chance or very good offer with Comapny C and I will have to join that company by Dec, 2015. What about my approved labor & I-140 petition? Does this effect my stay in USA?

Kindly advise. Thanking you in advance for providing the needful information.

Regards,

Dileep

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Rahul. I was little confused with your statement to co-relate to my 3rd ask.

So, you mean to say

If I have approved labor & I-140 with company B, but if I get very good offer with Company C, I can port the previous labor priority date ported to the new GC labor which will be done by new Company C and I140 needs to be approved before completion of my 6 year limit else I will have to vacate USA?

Please correct me if my understanding is not as per your statement.

If I have approved labor & I-140 with company B, but if I get very good offer with Company C, I can port the previous labor priority date ported to the new GC labor which will be done by new Company C and I140 needs to be approved before completion of my 6 year limit else I will have to vacate USA?

You can port your PD, but for H1 ext beyond 6 yrs you should have a valid I140 at the time of filing your H1.

Archived