H1B Extension status pending for over 3 months

par1984

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a need to upgrade the extension to premium processing - I don't have any urgent need right now, but we never know what emergency comes as 4 to 5 or more is a long time. If I upgrade it, will there be any issue? Are there any chance of rejections of RFE? Any thoughts guys?

I filed my petition 1st week of june, no work yet. so i though of change it to premium last month itself, but my employer advised not to do so. there is more chances of getting RFE if I go for premium. so i dropped the idea. 

however if you have your records/ history clear, and in good position to address RFE if you got any (like client letter, paystubs, etc), i would suggest change it to premium rather than sitting and checking status everyday. i don't know when you applied, if it's more than three months, just wait for one more month, you will get some update from USCIS for sure.

thanks

I filed my petition 1st week of june, no word yet. so i thought of change it to premium last month itself, but my employer advised not to do so. there is more chances of getting RFE if I go for premium. so i dropped the idea. 

however if you have your records/ history clear, and in good position to address RFE if you got any (like client letter, paystubs, etc), i would suggest change it to premium rather than sitting and checking status everyday. i don't know when you applied, if it's more than three months, just wait for one more month, you will get some update from USCIS for sure.

thanks

I just upgraded my case to premium. My company asked for the reason - so in MN there is a status check on DL which is same as VISA expire date. It's Oct 23rd in my case. So I asked them to upgrade it and they agreed.

So now let's see. The website says receipt number had been emailed. Hopefully I will get a response soon. My application was filed on June 15th.

Hi Everyone,

My H1B expired on 30th sep .. My employer field for extension on 26th sept 2015 USCIS received it on 28th Sept  at california center..  i have following question 

1) its been 20 days after receipt of application  what is the chances of getting RFE  after say 30 days.. i heard that RFE normally comes in first month otherwise not?

2) I need to travel to India in November 2nd week , can i go to India , will it effect my extension process?  or should i delay the travel till december (wait for more then 2 month)?

3) i am planning to return in january 2nd week(hopefully by that time it will get approved), 

4) processing time on USCIS site for h1b extension is written "14th may -2015" what does that mean? 

Thanks in advance!!

@Shushil - As of now USCIS seems to be processing May 25 applications. By Sep 15th they were processing May 14th Applications. If you go by this pace and also seeing the up coiming holiday seasons I really doubt that your application ( 28th Sept) will be approved and you can go for stamping by Jan 2016. Hence please plan accordingly. I too had travel plans for Oct with my filling date as Jun 3rd but had to postpone the trip. All the best !

• 4 weeks later...

Archived