i-140 Transfer


Recommended Posts

I am on H1B Visa. I have filed for the extension this year and this would be my third extension. I have my i-140 approved. Based on i-140, and my coming visa extension for more then 6 years, I have filed for my wife's H4 EAD application which ix expected to be approved after my visa extension. 


I assume my extension would come in 15 days. Now if I switch the employer. will ;


1. I need to file a new visa extension on base of approved i140?

2. the extended visa can be transfered to the new employee?

3. Will i need to apply for a new i-140 with the new employer or I can keep the current i-140?

4. Will change in employment and the paper work would effect my wife's H-4 EAD?

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

From the above post, if old employer doesn't withdraw approved I-140,

1) Do we still need to file for I-140 with new employer?

2) What it takes for the old employer to maintain the I-140 status without having withdrawn? does it take any fees?

1. No.

2. Nothing other than that the position will be available once your GC is approved.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.