H-1B extension with different background after I-140 approval

smsb0709

Hi folks,

Please someone help me with the answer . I have a MS degree with Chemistry background and working for a Pharma company as a scientist. Simultaneously, I am doing my 2nd Masters degree in Information Technology and will be graduated in fall 2016 . I am currently in my 4th year of H-1B and my current employer is initiating my GC process early next year (2016).  If my I-140 is approved, say by mid of year 2017 with labor cleared on pharma background - Scientist by designation, will I be able to apply my H-1B extension (beyond 6 year of initial H-1B) with MS degree in Information technology with my approved I-140 (pharma-scientist role) to work in IT background. 

If I can not apply H-1B extension to work as a IT professional using my approved I-140 (Pharma -scientist role on LCA ), what would be the alternative to work in my other career background.

Thanks.

-Shailu

Ok something does not sound good here, does your GC sponsoring employer know of your intent to NOT be a scientist and be an IT professional?

That would mean you do not have any intent to work of the current employer and you want them to sponsor an Employment based Green Card for you, which is immigration fraud.

Employment Based Green Cards have primary requirement of you having an intent to work for the sponsoring employer indefinitely upon the GC approval.

Rather find an employer in your future job profile and have them file your Green Card process, as it is for a future job to begin with so it should not be an issue.

Archived