OPT for masters in MIS

sidhu998

Hello,

I am Sidhardha. I did my b.tech in computer science and engineering in india and then I did MBA in india. I am planning to pursue masters in MIS ( management informations systems) in USA. Will I get OPT as It is my first masters in USA. I heard that there is no OPT for second masters in USA. And If the H1 B visa is not selected in the lottery can I apply in the same year again?? Please help me. 

Thanks in advance

sidhardha. 

Hello,

I am Sidhardha. I did my b.tech in computer science and engineering in india and then I did MBA in india. I am planning to pursue masters in MIS ( management informations systems) in USA. Will I get OPT as It is my first masters in USA. I heard that there is no OPT for second masters in USA. And If the H1 B visa is not selected in the lottery can I apply in the same year again?? Please help me. 

Thanks in advance

sidhardha. 

You will get OPT, the rule that if you do second master's degree IN  US then you are not eligible fore second OPT.

If H1 selection is done by lottery there is no chance of filing second H1. Moreover you cannot apply for two H1's same year by the same employer.

Archived