H1B Revoked. Is Transfer possible in my situation?

kavyab

Hi,

I am in the following situation. 

1. I traveled to USA with valid H1B  from 2013-2014 through Employer A. My extension was raised in April 2014 which is approved until 2017. But I dint get the extended visa stamped on my passport.

2. Now I left that employer A and currently in India. Meanwhile I had a change in surname as I got married. This is reflected in my passport.

3. Employer A revoked my petition and as of June 2015 my petition shows revoked.

Please let me know if Employer B can raise a petition to transfer this H1B as CAP EXEMPT? Does the change in name in my passport affect the petition as the petition was with my old surname?

What are my chances of getting the H1B transferred in this case.

Could you please assist me.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I applied for transfer in cap-exempt quota and it was approved. Thanks for all the inputs.

However I went for stamping on December 17 at Dubai consulate(my current location) and I was asked few questions and since the petition is not updated in their database, officer handed over a yellow slip to me, told not to worry and it will be updated in 3-4 days so I can drop my passport.

Its almost going to be a month but I don't see any update on the case in the portal :(

Please let me know if anything can be done from end or the attorney end? How long will this process take?

Please suggest my next steps.

Thanks!

Hi,

I applied for transfer in cap-exempt quota and it was approved. Thanks for all the inputs.

However I went for stamping on December 17 at Dubai consulate(my current location) and I was asked few questions and since the petition is not updated in their database, officer handed over a yellow slip to me, told not to worry and it will be updated in 3-4 days so I can drop my passport.

Its almost going to be a month but I don't see any update on the case in the portal :(

Please let me know if anything can be done from end or the attorney end? How long will this process take?

Please suggest my next steps.

Thanks!

Nothing can be done other than to wait for an update from USCIS.

Archived