H-1B Stamping with points on Drivers License

chev1988

Hello,

I recently received a ticket (Aug 2015) for jumping red light in Michigan. The fine is $140 and 3 points on the driver's license. I would like to know if the presence of points will have any affect on my H-1B stamping interview? 

I totally admit that it was my mistake that I did not stop. I misjudged the situation and should've stopped/slowed down when it was yellow. However, I wasn't beyond any speed limit nor involved in an accident. I received a ticket which says "RED LIGHT" and a box checked with C/I (civil infraction). I explained to the officer that I admit it was my mistake and apologized to him. I told him I take the responsibility of the action too. He just gave me the ticket and asked to be careful and pay attention from next time. 

The points on driver's license for Michigan disappear after 2 years I believe from what I have read on the internet. My petition is already approved and I will be going for stamping in the month of December 2015. 

Regards,

Che

Thanks mrav85,

So what would I have to fill for this question in DS-160?

"Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"

I believe it is a "No" but I just want to be sure what to enter. 

• 1 year later...

Archived