Filing h4 to f1 COS

Harinii

Hi

I am currently on h4,planning to apply for COS from h4 to f1.I got admit from a university and going to start my college from this fall 2015.

My doubt is

1.Do we have to apply COS on our own? [OR]

2.Do the university that I got admit from will apply for COS? [OR]

3.Do we have to seek for any employer to file for COS? 

And one more thing is 

My DSO is saying that they can provide me an i20 for SPRING 2016.As I am going to start the classes in Fall 2015,can I apply for COS with spring semester i20 in the month of August 2015?

Please help me out.

Hi, I am planning to go to India for F1 visa stamping. Currently I am on H4 visa status, and I have completed 1 year of my masters in H4 visa status. I am planning for f1 visa stamping from India to get OPT. There is no time left for me to wait for uscis to approve the change of status as only few subjects are left that would be needed by me to be in valid f1 status. My university is a small for profit university (Strayer university) and I have only given toefl no GRE as it was not mandatory. Would it be a reason for visa denial. What would be other possible reasons? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

Hi, I am planning to go to India for F1 visa stamping. Currently I am on H4 visa status, and I have completed 1 year of my masters in H4 visa status. I am planning for f1 visa stamping from India to get OPT. There is no time left for me to wait for uscis to approve the change of status as only few subjects are left that would be needed by me to be in valid f1 status. My university is a small for profit university (Strayer university) and I have only given toefl no GRE as it was not mandatory. Would it be a reason for visa denial. What would be other possible reasons? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

A good school requires GRE & TOEFL score. There is a possibility that your F1 visa will be denied

That university is likely to be a problem. Any institution that doesn't require GRE is bad and should be avoided.

Archived