Green Card Application After Citation for prostitution - 647(b)

SimpleShot

Hi,

I am on an H-1b and I was cited for prostitution - 647 (b). It was a sting operation that the police were running and I got arrested. They asked me to go through a day of classes called 'John School' and said that I would not be criminally prosecuted/my case will not go to criminal court. I obliged and went through the classes and I have the record of it. I took the classes in May 2015.

I am in the process of starting my green card application and need to answer these questions

1. Knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested? [should I say ... YES?]
  2. Been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations? [should I say ... NO?]

Please suggest what I should do here ?

Thanks!

Hi where you arrested and cited in bay area?
Did u get ur case dropped after completing class? Did the DA or judge gave you the class to be taken? Did you hire any lawyer?
Email me i am in same situation but my case got filed my lawyer is trying to get charges reduced or dismissed.
Email: ******************@tutanota.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived