Pending J1 for more than 3 months, how to expedite?

dosdos

My case has been pending with DOS for more than three months. No 'sponsor view' request yet. Email requests are not answered by DOS. What to do? Time is running out.

Contacted Senator office but they said they need a valid reason to request expedite. Time constraint is not sufficient for them. How else we can expedite the process with DOS? Any suggestions would be appreciate. Employer may not write because the employer is a federal agency.

Thanks

dosdos, I'm on the same boat. DoS has received all my docs and the NOS from my country on May 19th, and my status has been pending since. I was sponsored by the US gov't so I assume they'll need to request for sponsor views - which hasn't happened yet. This is stressing me out as I have accepted a job offer back in April with a non-profit in DC and the organization is getting anxious to have me on board. My organization has sent an official letter to DOS and we have also asked a local senator to help with the case. None of us has heard anything back from DoS!

Anybody has any encouraging stories to share to keep me from going crazy? :)

• 5 weeks later...

@ghytr

Yes, it's No Objection category. It's not funded by US government, should be a very straightforward one. Don't know why it's taking this long! They received NOL from my embassy in late May, and it's still pending now!!! I emailed them few times, they first replied saying they will process asap back in July, but no new update. So I emailed them again in August, but they didn't even replied my August email yet! 

Is there any other way to contact them? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived