BUSINESS PROPOSAL FOR J1 WAIVER

shekar333

Hello! I am a J1 student in CSULB and I am exempted from 2 year home rule. I am Indian and my visa expires on December 22nd, 2015. Now I would like to discuss 2 separate situations of mine.

1. I am planning to start a food restaurant chain with complete new concept in USA with the initial investment of 1 Million dollars to 50 Million dollars depending on Investors interest. I have already a business plan and some investors are very interested to invest in my startup. After investment, the American investors get minor share in the company(<50%) and I will get major share. It means that I will have a company with the American nationals as partners, though I am the major share holder. Here one more thing to consider is we provide 20 jobs for every 1 Million dollars raised.

2. Another plan is to start my own restaurant initially with the proposed concept without the help of investors. I want to start this with my Lebanese friend who is in Sweden at the moment. He wants to move to USA to strart the restaurant with me. In this case, we are two foreign nationals wants to open a business in USA without any U.S. Partners. We can invest 300K dollars in this business at the moment and can provide 10 jobs at least.

So I would like to know:

-What are the legal obstacles for me in two separate cases considering that I am a J1 visa holder?

-How can I overcome those obstacles?

I know it will need a lengthier explanation. Thank You So Much in advance for your effort.

Get a lawyer. If you can pull that cash, you should spend with a lawyer. But in general, you can own businesses in the US without issue, but you can't work in them without proper status. If you are trying to get status through your visa, you may be able to get it through EB-5 or through self petitioned H1-B.

Thank You So Much for your replies. I know I can find an attorney here(Long Beach, CA). But I heard that they charge very heavily. Do you have any suggestions about an immigration attorney who will process for a reasonable price? Because I don't want to spend so much money for an attorney right now. If you want to refer someone, I am all ears. Thank You JoeF, Jairichi and MediumRare for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thank You So Much for your replies. I know I can find an attorney here(Long Beach, CA). But I heard that they charge very heavily. Do you have any suggestions about an immigration attorney who will process for a reasonable price? Because I don't want to spend so much money for an attorney right now. If you want to refer someone, I am all ears. Thank You JoeF, Jairichi and MediumRare for your time. I really appreciate it.

Talk to an attorney from Murthy law firm who runs this forum.

You are posting on a forum run by a very well-regarded law firm. Give them a call.

Immigration law is federal, you don't have to rely on local resources.

And good advice costs money. As I said, don't try to be penny wise and pound foolish.

Archived