F2 Visa Approval Chances with my F1 expiring soon and 17 month OPT expiring even sooner

axman1000

Hello,

My F1 visa is expiring in June 2016. My OPT, which is currently on the 17 month STEM extension will expire at the end of January 2016. My employer had applied for my H1 this year, but I did not get selected. Since my OPT is expiring, my attorney suggested that I re-enroll into a school and work on CPT, and they will try again next year and see what happens. I will be transferring over to a smaller university than the one I graduated from. Now, I will be getting married later this year around November and then I'll be applying for my wife's F2 visa. Obviously, I would not want to reveal that I will be transferring to another university, but will the fact that I am on my 17 month STEM which is getting over roughly 2 months after the interview, and the fact that my F1 visa will expire at the end of June, be grounds for rejection of F2?

Looking at some forum posts here, the F2 visa is almost definitely going to be denied. Would it make more sense to apply for her F2 AFTER I have transferred to the new school? If not, or if so, are there any strategies we can employ to better our chances of getting the F2 visa?

Please advise/share your experiences. Thank you.

Hello,

My F1 visa is expiring in June 2016. My OPT, which is currently on the 17 month STEM extension will expire at the end of January 2016. My employer had applied for my H1 this year, but I did not get selected. Since my OPT is expiring, my attorney suggested that I re-enroll into a school and work on CPT, and they will try again next year and see what happens. I will be transferring over to a smaller university than the one I graduated from. Now, I will be getting married later this year around November and then I'll be applying for my wife's F2 visa. Obviously, I would not want to reveal that I will be transferring to another university, but will the fact that I am on my 17 month STEM which is getting over roughly 2 months after the interview, and the fact that my F1 visa will expire at the end of June, be grounds for rejection of F2?

If so, are there any strategies we can employ to better our chances of getting the F2 visa?

Please advise/share your experiences. Thank you. - See more at: http://www.**********************.com*************,

If so, are there any strategies we can employ to better our chances of getting the F2 visa?

Please advise/share your experiences. Thank you.
Hello,

Please advise/share your experiences. Thank you. - See more at: http://www.***************.com******************

Hello,

Please advise/share your experiences. Thank you. - See more at: http://www.*****************.com**************

Since my OPT is expiring, my attorney suggested that I re-enroll into a school and work on CPT, and they will try again next year and see what happens.

Really?? Attorney suggested CPT?? Do you know why people got arrested and deported few yrs ago for working in CPT?

First, know exactly what CPT is ? and then move forward. If you take CPT route then you have to say good bye to US forever.

Of course your H1 will be denied next yr if you work in CPT

Archived