J1 Waiver No Objection Recent Timeline - Brazil

romariopan

Hi everybody!

I am from Brazil and I went to the US in 2012 and came back in July 2013 in a J1. I met the love of my life and I decided to come to America to visit him in October 2014 in a tourist visa. We decided to get married in the day I was coming back to Brazil and I end up staying. I applied for the waiver in January 2015 and I haven't received the Favorable decision neither the USCIS final decision. I would like to share my timeline:

Funding Source Memo Sent May 28, 2015 Unknown Requested May 28, 2015 No Objection Statement Received March 11, 2015 Fee Received February 23, 2015 Form DS-3035 Received February 23, 2015 Form DS-2019 Received February 23, 2015 Passport Data Page Received February 23, 2015 Statement Of Reason Received February 23, 2015 Other Received February 23, 2015 Unknown Sent

February 23, 2015

As you can see, since May 28th my status still the same: PENDING.

I have some questions:

1) What does the funding source memo actually means?

2) I am doing this process without a lawyer. Is there anyone doing it without a lawyer as well? What would a lawyer help in my process? Should I get one?

3) I always send email to the waiver review division and they use to answer me in about 5 days but, the last one I received was in Jun 3rd. Since then, they are not answering me anymore. Is there anyone in the same situation?

• 6 months later...

Archived