H1 with DUI And Accident

splash13

Convicted of DUI 5 years back and spent 2 nights in jail.BAU was 0.14 and had an accident at an intersection with NO physical injuries in the state of Arizona,USA.I expunged the records ("Set Aside" in AZ - Not that it makes any difference to Immigration but way of saying i completed all my obligations ) Got my extension while i was in US and came back to India.Now planning to apply for Visa and stamping.Question : Does DUI coupled with accident lead to visa rejection automatically ? I have not been drinking after the incident and i am sure i will not have issues with physical panel etc., but just want to know if it's even worth trying.Employer does not know about my arrest and jail time and want to go for L1A Individual visa due to a critical change in Org structure.The current company i work is a very reputed one and have dedicated legal , immigration team so when i submit DS160 they will come to know ( Which i am not worried about as i have to face the truth some day ) but what i am worried about is whether to take this chance or whether it's worth a try.It's a golden opportunity career wise as i would be climbing up the ladder.Please advice.Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived