Shoplifting arrested 1st offense misdemeanor plz help

vishalamo

I'm finger printed for shoplifting and I am  from India. I have a court date yesterday but moved to next friday

As this is my 1st offense ever and this is a misdemeanor I heard that there is a chance for pre-trail diversion here in Fulton county Georgia(fulton county is my court). But one of my friend says that Pre trail diversion is not good for USCIS (as I have GC and H1 stamping)and Port of Entry. So, she says its better to get it downgraded to some other which is not CIMT. 

I also heard that there is pretrail bargain. So in terms of Immigration if it is reduced to some other charge I have 2 questions. 

1. When reduced it means I plea guilty to reduced one. So is there a chance to expunge it after reducing? 

2. Will the shoplifting still show after reducing. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I see you had stamping with your background. I had a similar background. I was arrested in 2014 Oct charged with Class B misdemeanor. After that I hired attorney and PTD happened and case was dismissed and my records were expunged. Now I wanted to go for stamping. How did you file the application and what are all details you provided in application and what happened during the interview. Can you please provide me the details, any help will be appreciated and helps me to prepare for it. 

Thanks in advance,

Karan.

Archived