Getting B2 with approved I130, I140 and prior H1B

devesh84

I am a PhD student in Switzerland. Before that I worked (and studied) in the US for about 9 years. My parents are US Citizens and most of my money is still in American bank accounts. 

I have had F1, H1B visas in the past, while studying and working in the US respectively.

My parents become naturalized US Citizens and I have an approved I130 petition from them whose priority date is not current for another 3 years. I also have an approved not-current I140 from a past employer.

I do plan on settling in the US once my I130/I140 petitions become current. So I don't want to withdraw them.

I want to visit the US for two weeks to meet my parents and other friends. I am paying for the trip and have return tickets to show that I fully plan on returning back.

On the swiss side, I can only show that I am studying there towards a 5 year degree and have an apartment there. The bulk of my money is still in US accounts vs Swiss accounts. 

I am wondering what are the chances of B2 being granted to me ? I am planning on applying for the B2 in Zurich. If I do get the B2 granted, do I risk refusal-of-entry at the port of entry ?

Thanks a lot. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived