H4 EAD - Document Was Returned To USCIS

permtrack22

I have applied for H4 EAD for my wife on May 27th and have received this email yesterday. 

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: WAC1590368XXX 

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On July 1, 2015, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until December 28, 2015. Please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. 

As per the status does it mean that the EAD has been approved and the card has been ordered for production ? 

I called USCIS customer service and they also do not know what is the document that has been returned to USCIS. They created a service Tkt and asked me to wait for 30 days for the document to be sent again 

Anyone has a similar situation, please advice. 

permtrack22:

It appears that your wife's EAD card was approved, manufactured, mailed out, but then returned to USCIS as undeliverable.

Did you move, or do you have problems with mail delivery?

Hopefully you provided USCIS with an updated address - the card should be re-mailed in a few weeks.

JoeFAttorney_21

Thanks for your reply. 

I have not moved / changed my address. My wife's name is not in the mailbox, USPS stated this as one of the reasons that mail was not deliverable. 

Are you sure the document USCIS is referring to is the EAD card not the Receipt ? I have not received the receipt in mail till date.  I have called USCIS customer care on July 1st morning and told the same, they have created a referral number and assigned it to an officer.

On July 1st evening I get the above email from USCIS stating that USPS has returned a document. I called USCIS again on July 2nd and asked what document has been returned to them but the customer care personnel also does not know the details. She also told me that since already there is one Service Ticket created, she is not able to create another one until the first one is complete.  She was also not able to tell me if the decision has been made on my case. 

At this point I do not know what is the document that has been returned to the USCIS, if it is EAD card am I supposed to request to resend it again ?

Yes, it looks like the EAD was approved and mailed out. But, since it is a government document, they likely did not put it in the mailbox that did not reflect the spouse's name. (I am assuming last names are different.)

Follow the instructions for requesting that the card be re-sent. Otherwise, the USCIS will destroy the card after waiting for the listed time frame. Add the spouse to the mail box names.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your replies. 

Case status has been changed to "Approved", I spoke with the USPS mail man and also added Spouse name to the Mailbox. My Spouse's name does not exist on the Mail box when the Card came in mail for the first time, looks like this could have been the problem.

Anybody has any idea how many days it might take for USCIS to mail the card and how much time it might take for shipping, we would like to keep an eye on Mail man and definitely do not want to miss this time.  

Archived