Visitor visa for MIL

sony6317

Hi guys,

I am on H1B since one year and currently in U.S.

I am planning for my spouse H4 this month, at the same time we are also planning to bring my spouse mom along .

She will be shown as self sponsoring.

Will it be a problem for me providing invitation letter to both of the at the Same time, is it ok for both of them to go to the consulate for stamping at the same time.

Is there any particular amount I should show as a bank balance in my account ?

Pls let me know.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Will it be any problem for both of them going for stamping together ?

My MIL is a widow and my husband is the only child. She don't have any property on her name to show strong tie up with the country, all she has is 3 L bank balance and 25 L FDs. Is it sufficient?

I saw many forums where people mentioned for tourist visa we need to show strong tie ups in terms of family, house property.

She neither have any kids other than my husband and also no property on her name.

I am a bit concerned about her visa , kindly suggest.

Thank you.

Will it be any problem for both of them going for stamping together ?

My MIL is a widow and my husband is the only child. She don't have any property on her name to show strong tie up with the country, all she has is 3 L bank balance and 25 L FDs. Is it sufficient?

I saw many forums where people mentioned for tourist visa we need to show strong tie ups in terms of family, house property.

She neither have any kids other than my husband and also no property on her name.

I am a bit concerned about her visa , kindly suggest.

Even if they go to US consulate together their interviews will be separate as they are appearing for different visa categories. Your spouse  cannot assist her mom during interview.

I would suggest you to talk to a good immigration attorney to guide your MIL.

Your spouse does not need invitation letter. Your I-797 is required.

MIL will have to prove ties to home country and money is not the only thing they are looking for.  Take help of good attorney. If she can visit you later on her own that will also be good idea as it will prove that she can survive on her own and is more likely to return. Just my thought.

Archived