Which consulate is better in Canada for H1b stamping?

abhi0401

I'm in my 8th year of H1B, planning to go for visa stamping. I know home country is best option but just exploring other options. My last H1b stamping was in Hyd.

Which consolate is better in Canada? I live in NJ and Ottawa seems to be closest one. Is Vancover better in issuing visas?

Thank for comments guys! I do know all consulates follow same code of law, but if you worked with them in past you will know every VO has different interperation of same law. If rules are same why people with inconsistent documents get visa  and ppl with legimate background get 221g?

@Rahul412- What my 8 years of h1 exp taught me is better to be safe rather than being sorrow.

Then you should have asked, which VO is better? There are several VOs at each consulate, and you don't know which one would process your application.

Consulate shopping does not work. And if you want to gamble, go to Las Vegas...

Thank for comments guys! I do know all consulates follow same code of law, but if you worked with them in past you will know every VO has different interperation of same law. If rules are same why people with inconsistent documents get visa  and ppl with legimate background get 221g?

@Rahul412- What my 8 years of h1 exp taught me is better to be safe rather than being sorrow.

If that is the issue you can never go to any US consulate as you have no idea which VO will take your visa interview.

So the best thing for you to do is avoid the interview, bcos no one knows what that vo is thinking during the interview.

JoeF :    Going to home country may not be feasible sometimes due to distance and time constraint.

Here most of the members are from India and going to India sometimes not possible due to flight fare cost and time constraint.

By the way I have done my stamping in my home country and in Mexico too. 

JoeF :    Going to home country may not be feasible sometimes due to distance and time constraint.

Here most of the members are from India and going to India sometimes not possible due to flight fare cost and time constraint.

By the way I have done my stamping in my home country and in Mexico too. 

So, you rather go to a third country and gamble that you don't get a rejection there?

If you get denied in the third country, you need to spend even more time and money to go to your home country.

Further, you are on H1. You earn a lot of money, more than the majority of Americans. I am sure you can afford the plane ticket to your home country. So, please don't give me this BS of "flight fare cost."

• 2 weeks later...

then what's the need for new VISA if you are not traveling to your home-country?

The valid VISA will be required if planning to visit another country (not home country) for personal visit.

People have plans to visit other countries other than home country.

So, you rather go to a third country and gamble that you don't get a rejection there?

If you get denied in the third country, you need to spend even more time and money to go to your home country.

Further, you are on H1. You earn a lot of money, more than the majority of Americans. I am sure you can afford the plane ticket to your home country. So, please don't give me this BS of "flight fare cost."

JoeF:  You don't have the right to say "BS" about someone's financial constraints.  People can have financial problems even if they earn 200k per year, because of many factors.  You should not be insensitive to other person's problem unless you know the reason.

Let me give you an example. Lets says an H1B has total 4 family members including himself and he needs to visit UK for a family wedding and his H1B is expired. Is that advisable to go to his home country spending atleast $10,000 for getting the visa and on top of that atleast 10 days.

As far as risk of rejection considered , it is same in all the consulates. 

The valid VISA will be required if planning to visit another country (not home country) for personal visit.

People have plans to visit other countries other than home country.

But OP didn't mentioned about that. He was just looking for "better US consulate" which doesn't exists in real.

JoeF:  You don't have the right to say "BS" about someone's financial constraints.  People can have financial problems even if they earn 200k per year, because of many factors.  You should not be insensitive to other person's problem unless you know the reason.

Let me give you an example. Lets says an H1B has total 4 family members including himself and he needs to visit UK for a family wedding and his H1B is expired. Is that advisable to go to his home country spending atleast $10,000 for getting the visa and on top of that atleast 10 days.

As far as risk of rejection considered , it is same in all the consulates. 

He would have to spend A LOT more money and time if the visa would get denied in the 3rd country, So, again, these "calculations" are complete BS.

Going to the home country is the best, easiest, and cheapest way to get a new visa stamp.

Going to a third country to renew the visa is not only a matter of Money... It's more a matter of "time" for most people. Instead of flying 10+ hours home and stay at least 1-2 weeks there to wait for the visa; why not going to a nearby city in canada or Mexico, much shorter travel and saves vacation days for a real vacation. And yes,  vacation in other countries is why the visa stamping is still needed even if we r not going back to the home country. 

Going to a third country to renew the visa is not only a matter of Money... It's more a matter of "time" for most people. Instead of flying 10+ hours home and stay at least 1-2 weeks there to wait for the visa; why not going to a nearby city in canada or Mexico, much shorter travel and saves vacation days for a real vacation. And yes,  vacation in other countries is why the visa stamping is still needed even if we r not going back to the home country. 

Please read the earlier replies.

Archived