What type of questions we expect on H4 ( my h1-221g pending from 10 weeks)

usa@2008

Hello All.

What type of questions we expect under H4 category on June 15th hence my h1-221g pending from 10 weeks at Ottawa ON and officer who's working on my file , They said , he cannot promise a particular time to approve visa, so I am planning for H4.

In this case what type of questions we can expect from VO ?

What are the required documents as well?

I am attending for h4 at the same consulate where I got 221g issued ( citizenship -India /spouse on H1/3 years )

So please share your thoughts and suggestions, thanks in advance

Reason for filing a H4 visa application when H1B visa application is in administrative processing? This will be the main question. If you or your employer credentials is the reason for a 221g on H1B visa application there might be a delay in getting H4 visa approval.

Copy of your spouse's I797, marriage certificate, employment verification letter, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions Jairuchi...and my employer and client verifications done already ( they sent an emails to client and they confirmed too)

the admin officer said they are reviewing my documents and was saying it takes 2 or 3 months from.last week and he cannot promise a particular time ( you know, I have been here from last 2 months )

now my question is, if if they issue 221g on H4 also, what would be my situation, like my h1b still under administration processing or only H4 will be admin process? ( I hope you got my point. .which visa status will be active? ) please suggest me.

Required documnets are good now.thanks

Thanks for your suggestions Jairuchi...and my employer and client verifications done already ( they sent an emails to client and they confirmed too)

the admin officer said they are reviewing my documents and was saying it takes 2 or 3 months from.last week and he cannot promise a particular time ( you know, I have been here from last 2 months )

now my question is, if if they issue 221g on H4 also, what would be my situation, like my h1b still under administration processing or only H4 will be admin process? ( I hope you got my point. .which visa status will be active? ) please suggest me.

Required documnets are good now.thanks

I remember you from previous post with the same display name.

If they give you 221g on H4 visa application then both visa applications will be pending at US consulate till approval/denial. Whichever gets approved earlier you can use that to enter US.

Hi,

I am also planning at the same situation and planning to attend H4 interview on June 16th.

1.I would like to know if it's better to attend H4 at the same consulate or it's better to go to India and try the H4.

2.I am not sure what mistakes I made to get 221g, might be on employer-employee relationship, if that's the case, what are the chances of getting H4. 

3.My spouse have some health issues, so along with the medical records, what are the other supporting documents that I should provide to show that as a main reason? Covering letter etc ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am also planning at the same situation and planning to attend H4 interview on June 16th.

1.I would like to know if it's better to attend H4 at the same consulate or it's better to go to India and try the H4.

2.I am not sure what mistakes I made to get 221g, might be on employer-employee relationship, if that's the case, what are the chances of getting H4. 

3.My spouse have some health issues, so along with the medical records, what are the other supporting documents that I should provide to show that as a main reason? Covering letter etc ?

Thanks in advance.

1. Any US consulate and they will have all your information in record. So, does not make any difference.

2. No one can speculate the reason unless told by VO or in cases where a Technology Alert List (TAL) triggers a 221g.

3. I doubt this could be used as a reason to get H4. I might be wrong. A VO never asks for a covering letter as they know the purpose of you applying for a H4 visa.

hi, again a bad news they issued 221g white slip on my H4 this morning (June 15th)

@ Prabhu.....I don't suggest to go for H4 interview and they asked all questions relating on my h1 and end of the interview he took H 4 supporting documents with issuing 221g white slip again ....that's all.

Archived