L2 EAD expired , applied extension and got RFE

privasan

Hi ,

Myself and my wife has valid visa and I94  till Nov'15 .

My Wife L2 EAD expired by May 30th ,2015 ,we applied for EAD extension  uscis case received on march 18th,2015.  On June 4th,2015 status changed to Request for Additional Evidence and yet to receive the RFE notice in mail.

As per her employer they are asking to continue on the job as the extension is still in process by asking to submit the Request for Additional Evidence notice to them . They have few other employees in the same situation it seems and they are continuing to work .

Question is ,

1. Can my wife continue work while we reply for the RFE as the EAD extension is in process  given the above situation? 

Thanks for the support .

Thank you for the response !

1. Will there be any issues getting payslip generated during this time while working on expired EAD with extension in process for my spouse ?

2. Will there be any issues for my  L1B extension or future visa stamping or reentry to USA , because of my spouse working in the above situation  ?

Thanks for the support and help.

Thank you for the response !

1. Will there be any issues getting payslip generated during this time while working on expired EAD with extension in process for my spouse ?

2. Will there be any issues for my  L1B extension or future visa stamping or reentry to USA , because of my spouse working in the above situation  ?

Thanks for the support and help.

1. No.

2. No

Check with your employer's attorney too.

• 2 weeks later...

I had discussion with Murthy firm Attroneys and found that working without a valid date on EAD card , is purely a immigration violation though EAD extension is in process we should not work without a valid dates on EAD card.

That is interesting as one is eligible to work on H1B or L1 as long as an extension application was made before I94 expiry date.

Archived