B1/B2 (tourist/visitor) visa experience of my father- 2nd time VISA is Approved

B2 visa Experience

Hello,

I want to share my father visa experience with you, so you might get some information before you/your parents attending visa interview.

I planned to apply B1/B2 (tourist/visitor) for my father to attend my graduation ceremony on 13 Jun 15, it is a last min decision to apply visa. 

My dad received his passport on 30 May 15.

Then immediately on same day I filled DS 160 and paid visa fees in AXIS bank. I took invitation letters from university on 27 may 15 and sent them through FEDEX to India.

I schedule first interview on 3rd Jun 15 at 8.30 am in Chennai.( Interview in Telugu with help of Translator). I am writing question and ans in English for convenience  

VO:             Good Morning

Applicant:   Good Morning Sir

VO: Why are you going to America?

AP: For my Son Graduation Ceremony

VO: Which university?

Ap: XXXXX university

VO: How many Kids do you have?

AP: XXXXX

VO: Whats the total expenses for your son for the 2 years?

AP: 18 Lakhs

VO: 18 lakhs?

AP: Yes Sir

VO: Sorry I cannot issue the visa at this time ( he given a letter 214b)?

AP: Thanks you sir(just walked out with letter)

My understanding is VO expected total cost incl tuition and living expenses, but my dad told only tuition. So that might be a reason for denial

Then Immediately on the same day i filled new DS 160 and paid visa fees for the second time. This time i selected visa interview location is HYDERABAD

Luckily i got 1 slot on 8 jun 15 at 8 am ( this time consular did interview in Telugu) 

VO:           Good Morning

Applicant:  Good Morning Sir 

VO: Why are you going to America?

AP: For my Son Graduation Ceremony

VO: Where are you going in America?

AP: XXXXXX

VO: How may kids you have?

AP: XXXXX

VO: What your kids do?

AP: XXXXXX

VO: What are you doing?

AP: I am a retired Govt Employee

VO: Will you get you pension?

AP: Yes sir

VO: Is your wife having visa?

AP: NO sir

VO: How may days you will stay in USA?

Ap: 3 weeks sir

VO: Give me your Son visa copy?

AP: Handed over

VO: Okay your visa is APPROVED and you will get it in a week, have a nice trip to USA

AP: Thank you Sir and walked out 

I think my father visa is rejected for the 1st time so he might asked more questions on 2nd interview 

we are waiting to collect passport on 10 jun 15 from OFC office ( were we give finger print).

Based on personal experience and suggestions from couple of people I realized that when you apply for a B1/B2 Visa you need to show you have a strong TIE's in your home country and you will return for sure.

I hope my post will help.

Thanks

Archived