B2 visa denial, B2 visa re-application

sethi_usa

Hello-

I had filed a B2 visa for my mother in April 2015. It was rejected without explaining any reason. I am refilling again and have a few questions. While filing last time I forgot to mention that my mother is a sole proprietor in family business and had inadvertently mentioned that she is a home maker. However on legal basis she is the business owner and property owner. While re-filing this time I am filling the correct legal information in DS-160. Will this new information in anyway raise doubts and skepticism in mind of visa interviewer? Could that become and outright reason for denial without looking at the petition? Would you suggest not do that and show her as homemaker? Looking for some immediate help. Thanks

One thing is that you don't file the B2 application, she does. The officers can easily determine if she filled out the form herself or somebody else did.

It is suggested that you stay out of it. She should be able to fill out the form on her own, in particular if she owns a business.

Archived