H4 travel first time when H1B -transfer in WIP

uskp

I am working for company A and going to initiate my h1b transfer to Company B next week.

My family (H4) will be coming to US for first time with thier H4 stamped with company in july last week.

By that time i will be having only reciept number of company B ,will not have any approval letter since not having premium for these transfer 

Will my H4 dependeds be allowed in POE with Company A stamping and no approval on company B's H1 B transfer

Please guide ,if i can bring my H4 

KRIS

Thanks.But during their travel i would be working for Company B.

Please suggest if they need another stamping on company B ?or they can come with stamping done on behalf of comapny A itself?

They can use their current valid H4 visa (even if it is from old employer) and they need a copy of your new I797 to show at POE.

Hi All,

Recently I switched my job in USA and moved from employer A to employer B.My wife and daughter are in India and they still have my previous emplyer-A stamp (H4) on their passport.After changing the job I didn't went back to india for stamping hence I have my recent employer I-797 with me,there is no VISA stamp of my latest employer on my passport.

I have applied for my family H4 VISA as they are in India and send all the requried documents (Pay stub,I-797 copy,previous tax return etc.).I have few below questions for H4 VISA stamping and looking for help.

1) For my family new H4 VISA stamping do I need to have my recent employer VISA stamp on my passport as I am in US and didn't went back to india for restamping.once I will go to India I will do stamping for new employer. 

2) Can my family still travel based on old employer H4 VISA (I-94 is still valid for 4 months)

3)Is there any way to get your VISA stamp of new employer in your passport.

Thanks in advance !!!

Hi All,

Recently I switched my job in USA and moved from employer A to employer B.My wife and daughter are in India and they still have my previous emplyer-A stamp (H4) on their passport.After changing the job I didn't went back to india for stamping hence I have my recent employer I-797 with me,there is no VISA stamp of my latest employer on my passport.

I have applied for my family H4 VISA as they are in India and send all the requried documents (Pay stub,I-797 copy,previous tax return etc.).I have few below questions for H4 VISA stamping and looking for help.

1) For my family new H4 VISA stamping do I need to have my recent employer VISA stamp on my passport as I am in US and didn't went back to india for restamping.once I will go to India I will do stamping for new employer. 

2) Can my family still travel based on old employer H4 VISA (I-94 is still valid for 4 months)

3)Is there any way to get your VISA stamp of new employer in your passport.

Thanks in advance !!!

1. If they have a valid H4 visa even with old employer they can travel with that and a copy of your new employer's I797.

2. Refer 2.

3. Yes, if you want an US consulate can be approached.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.

There is a change in my travel plan so need your suggestion.

I will be going to india  once I get my approval letter for H1 transfer on new company .

End of this year, I need to go for stamping  with  my new company .

Should I do stamping for my H4 whose visa is stamped on my previous company with expiry date as 2017 ?

If I didn't do stamping the for my H4 ,will there be any issue in POE?

My visa will be stamped with new company details ,but H4 not ,any issue ?

Please suggest

Thanks for your reply.

There is a change in my travel plan so need your suggestion.

I will be going to india  once I get my approval letter for H1 transfer on new company .

End of this year, I need to go for stamping  with  my new company .

Should I do stamping for my H4 whose visa is stamped on my previous company with expiry date as 2017 ?

If I didn't do stamping the for my H4 ,will there be any issue in POE?

My visa will be stamped with new company details ,but H4 not ,any issue ?

Please suggest

No issue at all. All they need is a valid H4 visa (even if it was from old employer) and a copy of your new employer's I797.

Archived