mb7

Hi Guys,

Here is my case:

HIb renewed, need to go for stamping

Masters in US: Yes

First Time stamping: 2008 Ottawa

GC Status: 140 approved

Employement model : EC

I have been working with the same employer and same client for more than 4 yrs now. I joined my employer immediately after my masters. Its a desi consulting firm with 100+ employees(US + India). My project may end soon so before it does I want to get my visa stamped as I can manage to get a Client letter and client-verification will not be a problem.

I have gone thru most of the forum posts here but it isn't very clear to me if I shud pick India or Canada for visa stamping. I did observe that the number of cases getting 221g's in India is more and also the delays are longer compared to Canada, but there are quite a few ppl that are stuck in Canada also :S.

Experts please advise as to which is a safer bet..

Thanks in advance,

mb7

Hi,

I had all my stamping in Canada, I also have I-140 approved. Working for same employer for 6 years. And have Masters as well

I just finished my stamping last week (check my other post), it was piece of cake.

Don't chance your stamping based on location. I never factored that when I left US and all the things that I build for so many years to get Visa sticker on the passport.

My personal opinion is , if you were doing your stamping from time to time, have your Master's from US, have your I-140 approved, you have passed major hurdles to get one visa stamp.

Don't worry, go with confidence. We are all intelligent people, with Masters in hand and working hard, things will work out.

@mb7

You have mentioned that you work for a desi consulting firm. Even if you have all the paperwork on your side, there is good chance that you will be put under Admin processing if your employer is under the radar.

There is nothing to worry about the E-E questions. You are not going to get your visa based on how you answer those questions at the interview. Your fate is mostly pre-decided. Have a lawyer check if your I-129, USCIS letter, LCA all have accurate information and are in sync with your work.

I suggest that you do not go for stamping anywhere in the current scenario, unless you are prepared to be stuck.

Archived