last name spelling difference for parents

jgr19

Hi, my parents have passports with different spellings for last name and it is different from how my last name was spelled also.

So, all three of us have different spellings for last name. For my Dad, one letter is extra in last name and for my Mom one letter was spelled differently but we can still pronounce the last name the same way for all, and looking at all three spellings, it would still feel like they are same,

I have heard that since they have it in their passports, there is no need to worry about it, but I just wanted to check if this can cause any problems for visitor visa interview? Is it necessary to take any extra steps?

Also, when I send the letter to Consulate, letter to parents, DS forms, I should follow the same spelling right?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi, my parents have passports with different spellings for last name and it is different from how my last name was spelled also.

So, all three of us have different spellings for last name. For my Dad, one letter is extra in last name and for my Mom one letter was spelled differently but we can still pronounce the last name the same way for all, and looking at all three spellings, it would still feel like they are same,

I have heard that since they have it in their passports, there is no need to worry about it, but I just wanted to check if this can cause any problems for visitor visa interview? Is it necessary to take any extra steps?

Also, when I send the letter to Consulate, letter to parents, DS forms, I should follow the same spelling right?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi I have a similar issue with the passports of My Mother in Law and Father in Law, I have explained the issue below. What are you doing about your issue. Are your parents applying for corrections? 

I am planing to bring my mother in law and Father in Law to USA on Visitor Visas. There is an issue with the last names in my FIL's and MIL's passport.

The last name spelling for him and spouse is spelled differently that in my Mother in laws passport

To Explain in his passport his and spouse's last name are listed as "raawat". Where as in my Mother in Law's passport her and her spouse's last names are spelled as "rawat"

But both of them are pronounced the same. Should this be corrected in passport? or can multiple last names be mentioned in DS-160.

In fact in all the property documents, government ids of my FIL also all the last names have "raawat"

My wifes  passport mentions her Mother and Fathers last name as "rawat".

Archived