Visitor Visa for Mom

sharin

I want to share experience for Mom visitor visa. My mom is widow /housewife, not educated, also currently I am only kid. My father & sister passed away year back. Plus, I was sponsoring for my mom's trip. 

Also, I was afraid she being not educated - will she able to answer correctly during interview. We decided to opt for Marathi language interview in Mumbai Consulate. I trained her on multiple different questions and how to answer those questions, also explained her body languages she should be aware of. Keep smiling through-out interview, maintain good tone while answering etc.

I drove her for Biometrics and day of interview & tagged along with her until she entered inside Consulate. I was really worried about her visitor visa denial after reading too many cases where people received multiple denials even after re-applying. 

Interview was supposed to be in Marathi, but VO asked her if she is comfortable with Hindi. Interview proceeded in Hindi language.

VO did not ask her any documents & only asked 3 questions :

1. Her name, why she wants to visit US (To meet her kid & tourism)

2. What I do in US?

3. Which visa I am currently on in US?

She answered all 3 Qs properly and VO granted her visa. 

If it helps anyone, below is list of documents my mom took along with her :

1. Passport, appointment confirmation, DS-160 confirmation

2. Compiled list of all liquid and immovable assets with bank letters (included savings & FD amount, LIC letter which included current surrender values) & Original properties paper

3. Copy of my passport, current visa, I-134 (affidavit of support), employment letter, recent paystubs

I opted to keep documents to minimum as possible to avoid confusion for her.

Archived