Mom Names different

Arro0817

Hello all,

I am planning to schedule my mom's visitor visa interview. My mom is a working woman. We are three sisters. I am the eldest one and the who is supporting(sponsoring) my mom. My younger sister is in India. My youngest sister is here in USA(doing her masters). I am married, me and my husband both of us are working. Our dad passed few years ago. Having said that, I have the following qns:

1)  Her name is mentioned differently at different locations. My mom's name is different in my birth certificate, different in her educational certificates and her government ID. Some with intials while some with her surname/maiden name. However her name on my passport and hers matches!! I dont have enough time to get them corrected. Is it ok to provide affidavit for one and same person for mom?Is it ok to add her other names in DS 160 under other names section?

2) My name in my birth certificate is different from my passport. Is it ok to provide affidavit for one and same person for me?(seperate from my mom's)?

3)My mom is a widow. She is currently working as a manager. We have property and my younger sister is in India while the youngest is here in USA doing masters. What are her chances of getting a visa?

4)What are the important documents that needs to be carried from my mom side?

5) My I94 is expiring on Feb 2016. My H1b is valid until Sep 2016. My Passport is expiring on Feb 2016. Will this be a problem?

Kindly assist

Archived