Questions related to NORI application

prasannaur

Hi,

I am on J1 visa (Exchange visitor) since Feb. 2013. This program is not sponsored by India. Everything is sponsored by the american university. 

Visa stamping is on my old passport which was issued from Bangalore-India. Recently I have obtained new passport (reissued after 10 years expire) from Houston. 

I have issues while filling the NORI form. 

1. In the passport details, which passport should I mention? 

2. Along with the application, I need to send the original passport. Do I need to send both of my passports?

3. For 'no objection', do I need to get it from passport office at Bangalore or Houston?

4. While filling affidavit, is it okay to just select option 3 which says "3. I have not taken any loan from any person or agency in India."

5. For J1 waiver, do I need to include passport details of my wife who is on dependent J2 visa?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my response to first few questions did not go through. Speaking from first hand experience:

1. New passport

2. Yes photocopy of both passports and visa stamps from the old passport

3. Bangalore - make sure they refer to the old passport for the NOC not for the new one.

4. Yes, only if you have not taken any loan.

Thanks for the reply.

I received the similar reply from the consulate.

"Pl provide both the passport information (Bangalore & Houston) in the affidavits but do send your current passport with copy of your legal status as you have to send those attested affidavit and bio data RPO Bangaloe apart from MHRd and Home Dept"

Archived