help needed regarding university transfer

jubbu

hi,

i came to USA on mba to nyit for spring 2015 but i want to transfer to wilmington university i got admission for summer intake i applied for MS in CS .I paid entire fee in NYIT as i am changing course i dont require to transfer any credits.my classes in wilmington starts in may 1st week but classes in nyit ends on may last week i applied for transfer today ISO told me come next week and also told i need to attend all classes till last day of semester.i dont know what to do as my classes in other university starts in first week of may.My university ISO is not that helping.please give your valuable suggestions for transferring smoothly to other university.

thanks,

You don't need to attend classes anywhere. This is masters  level program  not some elementary school where attendance is required. You may not get  graded if you miss assignments or  tests  but you have decided to  change  your  major.

Actually, the F1 requires to attend classes in person.

If a person doesn't attend classes, the SEVIS entry would get canceled and the person would be out of status.

hi,

i came to USA on mba to nyit for spring 2015 but i want to transfer to wilmington university i got admission for summer intake i applied for MS in CS .I paid entire fee in NYIT as i am changing course i dont require to transfer any credits.my classes in wilmington starts in may 1st week but classes in nyit ends on may last week i applied for transfer today ISO told me come next week and also told i need to attend all classes till last day of semester.i dont know what to do as my classes in other university starts in first week of may.My university ISO is not that helping.please give your valuable suggestions for transferring smoothly to other university.

thanks,

You just entered and already want to change universities? Why did you enroll for NYIT if you didn't have the intention to study there?

This kind of stuff, getting a visa for a reputable university and upon arrival immediately changing to some shady institution was the modus operandi for people who went to that TVU fraud and similar frauds.

It would be a red flag in your file forever.

Thanks,

I am feeling Difficulty with MBA courses wanted to do MS in CS so i want to change my major i got MS in CS in Another university for summer semester. I applied for transfer with ISO he told Come after a week and told me to attended classes till last day of semester which i didnt understand i dont want any credit transfer i want to do from scratch again 

Actually, the F1 requires to attend classes in person.

If a person doesn't attend classes, the SEVIS entry would get canceled and the person would be out of status.

I understand it is requirement of F1 status. Some professors do not enforce attendance as it is assumed you are responsible adults and did not travel so far away from home just to bunk classes.

I think the DSO is trying to give OP a hard time for his decision to transfer.

Thanks,

I am feeling Difficulty with MBA courses wanted to do MS in CS so i want to change my major i got MS in CS in Another university for summer semester. I applied for transfer with ISO he told Come after a week and told me to attended classes till last day of semester which i didnt understand i dont want any credit transfer i want to do from scratch again 

Hmm, you haven't even started classes and are "feeling difficulties"? That doesn't make much sense.

I understand it is requirement of F1 status. Some professors do not enforce attendance as it is assumed you are responsible adults and did not travel so far away from home just to bunk classes.

I think the DSO is trying to give OP a hard time for his decision to transfer.

If a student on F1 does not attend classes, such student is out of status.

And at accredited universities, there have to be proper processes in place.

It is obvious that the OP never intended to study at this university. That's the issue, not the DSO. Transferring even before the first quarter/semester is a rather suspicious thing. And the OP's explanation, "feeling difficulty" is bogus, since he didn't even have classes yet.

Archived