L1A to H1B

bhagya123

You need to be outside US for 365 days before a cap subject H1B petition can be filed. If you leave by July 2015 then a cap subject H1B petition can be filed only by July end of 2016.

During July 2016 h1b quota will be completed right for 2016 year...can I goahead and file h1b on April 2016? Or I need to wait for April 2017

During July 2016 h1b quota will be completed right for 2016 year...can I goahead and file h1b on April 2016? Or I need to wait for April 2017

As was stated, an H1 can only be FILED after you have been out of the country for at least a year.

So, if you leave in July 2015, the EARLIEST an H1 can be FILED would be July 2016. If the quota is full by then, an H1 can be filed in April 2017 for a start date of Oct. 1, 2017.

Filing before you have been abroad for a year will result in a denial. It is THAT simple.

As was stated, an H1 can only be FILED after you have been out of the country for at least a year.

So, if you leave in July 2015, the EARLIEST an H1 can be FILED would be July 2016. If the quota is full by then, an H1 can be filed in April 2017 for a start date of Oct. 1, 2017.

Filing before you have been abroad for a year will result in a denial. It is THAT simple.

sorry for asking same question again... 
As per USCIS , the  work validity of H1B 2016 is valid from OCT 2016, so my friends are suggesting to apply H1B on Apr-2016 as USCIS will check validity whether we completed one year by october or not.
what are the implications if i file H1B before completing one year . 

As per USCIS , the  work validity of H1B 2016 is valid from OCT 2016, so my friends are suggesting to apply H1B on Apr-2016 as USCIS will check validity whether we completed one year by october or not.

What your friends are suggesting is incorrect. The implication for filing a H1B petition before completing one year is clearly told by JoeF. "DENIAL"

Your friends are wrong.

The H1 has to be approvable when filed. And if it is filed before the one year is over, it is NOT approvable.

Filing it before the one year is over WILL result in a denial. Period.

Archived