PERM-Staff Accountant Position

qw.jain8

Hi Folks,

I work for one of the Big 4 Companies & my employer is planning to file my GC application. My question is: the position requires a Bachelors degree or higher, & I have a Masters in Accounting so would my PERM application will be filed in EB2 category or EB3 category??

Thanks

qw

Most likely it will be EB3 but it also depends on what position the PERM is based. Is the PERM for Senior or Manager?

Thanks

Originally posted by qw.jain8:

Hi Folks,

I work for one of the Big 4 Companies & my employer is planning to file my GC application. My question is: the position requires a Bachelors degree or higher, & I have a Masters in Accounting so would my PERM application will be filed in EB2 category or EB3 category??

Thanks

qw

Ultimately the determination of EB2 vs EB3 is based on the employer's actual minimum requirements for the position as listed on the certified ETA 9089 form. If the employer lists anything less than a MS OR BS +5 on the LC, then your case sill be classified as EB3 regardless of whether you have a U.S. Master's degree.

Thanks Guys & Murthy Attorney. Yes that makes sense to me now. I believe the position would be filed under EB3 only as it is for a Staff Accountant (Junior Position). Probably once I am promoted to a Senior Accountant I can refile under EB2.

Anyways thanks a lot guys for you input. This forum is great.

Archived