H1b to F1 at the end of 6th year

rpedde01

Hi

I need help with the situation I am currently in.

Came to US on F1.

Changed to H1b

Previous employers applied for I-140 and withdrew when I left the company.

With new employer H1b Visa expires on 06/20/2015. New employer working on Labor and will not happen until year.

I-140 has been withdrawn from old employer(cannot get extensions beyond 6th year)

Want to pursue MBA. I have applied for few colleges and waiting for acceptance.

If I get acceptance from colleges, When should I apply for COS(60 days before H1b expiry?)

What are my changes of getting COS approved?

What should I know when I apply for COS.

My wife is on F1. Is it safer to switch to F2(instead of F1). So that we both can live together?

Is it possible to get F2 to stay with my wife?

The F2 doesn't allow immigration intent, either, so the same as for an F1 applies. Once an I-140 has been filed, it is nearly impossible to get any non-immigrant visa that doesn't allow immigration intent.

• 1 month later...

I have the same Situation for my husband, Could you please let me know what happened to your H1B to F1 visa transfer status ?

OP posted this query on March 31st 2015. It is highly unlikely to get a decision for COS from H1B to F1 decision within this time frame. It takes 3 to 4 months for a decision from USCIS. As JoeF replied it is near to impossible to get  COS to F1. Talk to a good immigration attorney about possibilities.

Archived