H1b Change of status need help ..plz reply

mshh123

Hi

i got my H1B visa on 2008 oct and i worked for 3 months and later i changed to H4 and didnt use my visa for rest of the period and my visa is about to expire this september 22 2011 and i am planning to change to H1B ,i am getting calls for interview,but if i want to change my status i think when we file for H1 to h4 they are asking client letter which i will not be able to submit cos i am not working now and i am searching for a job...so in this situation what should i do ,please i desprately need ur advice and help....after september 22 also can i apply to change to hib visa or should i do it before sep 22...is so need client letter what to do ...pz help

please consult a lawyer.

you don't apply for H1 on your own, your potential employer does, so concentrate on finding a job and apply COS to H1 once you found an employer to petition your H1. you can apply H1 any time even after 9/22 (not subject to cap as you were on H1 before).

Originally posted by mshh123:

Hi

i got my H1B visa on 2008 oct and i worked for 3 months and later i changed to H4 and didnt use my visa for rest of the period and my visa is about to expire this september 22 2011 and i am planning to change to H1B ,i am getting calls for interview,but if i want to change my status i think when we file for H1 to h4 they are asking client letter which i will not be able to submit cos i am not working now and i am searching for a job...so in this situation what should i do ,please i desprately need ur advice and help....after september 22 also can i apply to change to hib visa or should i do it before sep 22...is so need client letter what to do ...pz help

Though your H1 is expiring on Sep 22, you can transfer your H1 to another employer anytime and you will not go against the quota.

Look for a REAL employer who can sponser your VISA. Some clients are reluctunt give client letters even for those who have been working there for years. There are other options like using the Purchase Order and/or letter from primary vendor. Don't be in a hurry and go to a body shopping DESI consultant. You will repent later.

thanks for your timely help but i ahve few more questions

1}while searching for job i should not mention that i am in h4 right??

2)After geeting a job and if i apply for H1b change of status from h4 in how many days can i start working ?

3)what if i dont get a client letter how can i proceed further?

please consult a lawyer.

again, the actual procedure is finding an employer and they will petition your H1, this includes providing all the necessary documents (includes client letter if applicable) to process the petition. you cannot apply H1 on your own.

you cannot start working for your employer until H1 approval.

Originally posted by mshh123:

thanks for your timely help but i ahve few more questions

1}while searching for job i should not mention that i am in h4 right??

2)After geeting a job and if i apply for H1b change of status from h4 in how many days can i start working ?

3)what if i dont get a client letter how can i proceed further?

Archived