Deadline for PERM application

veluri

Hi,

I have an offer from a company that has a corporate policy stating it won't start the GC application process until the employee has completed 2 years at the company. I am currently 3.5 years into my H1 visa, so that means that by the time they apply for my PERM, i would have only 6 months left on my visa.

Is it too risky to accept the offer?

Thanks!

Company policies are clueless in this matter. Screw that company and look for a better company. 

Companies obviously want to see if the person is good before they spend the money on sponsoring a GC.

This has nothing to do with a company being clueless. Companies don't want incompetent people.

Going with some shady consulting company would be worse, since that could result in not getting the GC at all.

Companies obviously want to see if the person is good before they spend the money on sponsoring a GC.

This has nothing to do with a company being clueless. Companies don't want incompetent people.

Going with some shady consulting company would be worse, since that could result in not getting the GC at all.

In this case OP doesn't have enough time to wait , so screw that company and find another employer.

In this case OP doesn't have enough time to wait , so screw that company and find another employer.

If the new employer is a real company, then yes.

But signing up with a shady consulting company "just to beat the clock" could make things worse.

Archived