Travel to India for H1B visa Stamping through Europe


Recommended Posts

Hi, I am travelling to India from US for H1B visa stamping in May. I have heard that if I don’t have H1B visa stamp, then I cannot travel through Germany, UK, France and other European countries and some people advised me to travel through Middle East (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar etc). I want to know what’s the exact rule. I do have the F1 visa stamp in my passport (valid till June 2016) and also the OPT EAD card (validity till July 2015) but I am not a student anymore and my status has been changed to H1B, does that mean I can travel through Europe with the previous F1 stamp and OPT EAD card?

Link to comment

dipjyoti -  For travelling via   Germany, UK, France you need to have a valid US visa (Any category)  stamped in your passport.


For travelling via Nederlands you dont need a valid US visa.


Since you have a valid US visa (F1) in your passport you can travel via European.


You are good to go.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.