B2 Visa Query

Kumar_7856

Hi Murhty Firm,

My mother came on visitor visa B2 on Sep 2nd 2014 for a period of 5 and half months and her i-94 authorization expires Mar 01 2015. We booked her return flight on Feb18th  but unfortunately, we lost her passport on Feb 13, so postponed to Feb 28th after getting confirmation from Indian consulate that they would issue new/duplicate passport before Feb 28th.

We applied for a duplicate passport on feb 18th  at Indian consulate, SF and we were told that we would receive the passport in 1 week but we have not received yet.

So we have not yet filed for extension as we were sure that we would get passport before her i94 expired but now it looks like not.

So my question is as it’s a new passport she gonna get now and will not have previous arrival or departure info, Is it must to file an extension as it’s a valid reason (have all proofs, police report, application receipt) why she is staying beyond authorized stay. What happens is she does n’t file extension? Would it be a problem if she wants to visit US again?

I am sure that we would get the passport in a week or 2 for sure, so want to check with you what should I do as I am running out of time.

Also we were told that she needs to get new visa stamped as she lost the passport. Is it true?

Archived