H4 :Certification programs that need F1

chandanadinesh

Hello, Am in H4 right now and tired of looking for consultancies who can sponser for H1 visa..Now I want to change my status from H4 to F1 whcih will give me 1 yr OPT to work and can apply for H1. Since, I can't afford to MS/MBA am thinking of doing certification programs which doesn't need GRE/Tofel and meets the requirements of F1 visa..now my question is has anybody got opt, H1B through this approach? If yes , please do share ur suggestions or stories which would be a great help...I don't know anyboby who did certifications like this...Any suggestion would be highly appreciatedd.

First off, why are you looking for consulting companies? Find a real employer.

Second, why are you afraid of GRE and TOEFL?

Third, while MBAs are expensive, an academic Masters at a public university is not, in particular if you qualify for in-state tuition (which you do in lots of states if you are on H4.)

Thank you for ur reply... I have no exp at all..and finding real employer is almost impossible...I tried by all means even telling them I will pay for the H1B, but need the company back ground...so, no luck in that area..

Am not afraid of GRE but concerned about time...

Yes, I do qualify for the Instate tution fee and again change to F1 in the last sem...I know a lot of people who did this and still suffering to pay off there debts....

For Jairichi.....I think its possible to get opts for Certifiaction programs which u have to do in F1 visa...(through the lot of websites)......And am looking for someonw who actually went in this approach..

Thank you for ur reply... I have no exp at all..and finding real employer is almost impossible...I tried by all means even telling them I will pay for the H1B, but need the company back ground...so, no luck in that area..

Yes, I do qualify for the Instate tution fee and again change to F1 in the last sem...I know a lot of people who did this and still suffering to pay off there debts....

For Jairichi.....I think its possible to get opts for Certifiaction programs which u have to do in F1 visa...(through the lot of websites)......And am looking for someonw who actually went in this approach..

If you tell a company that you would pay for the H1, that would actually be an immediate disqualifying thing. Real companies know that it is illegal for the beneficiary to pay for an H1. If you are willing to break the immigration law, what other laws are you willing to break??? Real companies have no use for people who are fine with breaking the law...

ANd you won't get a job with a certification program. Forget about that.

Go to a public school in a real Masters program. It is cheaper in the end.

And I am sorry, but your husband is on H1. That means he makes more money than most Americans. And Americans can handle the costs for college, so there is zero reason that you couldn't.

Either take GRE or find real time employer. If not you will kill you chances of working in US forever.

Archived